Create a Sales Page in Minutes
If you are selling a product, whether that be an ebook, a software, or an online course, you will need a sales page that sells. To do that, you need to learn how to create a sales page first and then add content that will make people want to read your copy and eventually buy your product. To get the first task done which is having a sales page for your product, read this article so you can efficiently create a sales page in minutes.
What is a sales page
A sales page is a landing page of a website where your product is promoted. It only has one goal and that is to convert visiting users of your sales page as paying customers. Unlike promotional or product websites, a sales page is usually just a landing page where you can convince users to buy your product.
Because of this reason, you need to make your sales page convincing so that people will be attracted to your product right away. Sales page are just one page and you do not want your visitor to be overwhelmed with many pages or to have many links and products on the page. If you have many products, it is best you create an e-commerce website for that.
What you could put in a sales page
- A short video about the product or a spokesperson talking about the product. This will create an engaging summary of the product or service. It also seems more personal as it addresses the viewer directly.
- Testimonials or case studies of people who already tried out the product. This gives off the credibility of the product and proves that it has been tried a tested.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). This will answer common questions that visitors may have about the product. Thus, saving them time and effort in trying to communicate with you.
- A short copy that is convincing, direct to the point, and will drive your customer to buy the product. Depending on your product, you may have to write a different copy style.
- Customer service guarantee. Some customers might not like your product or it might not be effective for them. They might get a product that is defective or not up to standards. Ensure them that there will be excellent customer service to address their needs and concerns if such a case happens.
- Call-to-action. This is the most important part of your sales copy and should not be missed. The call-to-action should be placed where the visitor will see it immediately and it should also be placed at the bottom of the sales page after the visitor scrolls down to read the contents.
Tips to consider for your copy
- Create a copy that puts the product as a value adding factor for happiness. People are more likely to buy a product that adds value to their life such as making them happy. Convince your visitors that your product will make them happy.
- Make your copy short, concise, and direct to the point. Nobody wants to read a very, very, very, very long copy.
- Have the product create a sense of urgency. People buy products they immediately need. What is the purpose of your product? Why do they need it?
There are many good sales pages online which you can refer to when you are ready to create a sales page for your product. You can reference them for future use.
How to create a sales page in minutes
- Sign up at a website creation service. For this, we would use the hPage.com website builder where you can create a website in minutes.
- Now that you have signed up for an account, you can now choose your domain name (or your URL). Your URL can be the name of your product or whatever you want your sales page to be. Just make sure that the domain name is not yet taken.
- When you sign up, you will automatically get a free account but you can upgrade your account thereafter if you want a custom domain name and premium business features such as newsletters, custom emails, premium website templates, and more. Note: Premium plans at hPage only costs $5 USD per month. One of the cheapest website builders out there.
- Next step is to choose a template or your sales page. There are hundreds of templates to choose from and templates from website builders are easily customizable.
- Gather all the photos and videos you plan on putting on the sales page. Go to the ‘Files’ menu and upload the necessary photos and videos you want to put on your sales page.
- Now that you have all your necessary files, a website template in place, a domain name, you can already start filling up your sales page with your content. Remember to take note of the principles said earlier when creating a sales page.