Etiology: Gouty Arthritis
Gouty arthritis is caused by a defect in metabolism. That results in an overproduction of uric acid or a reduced ability of the kidney to eliminate uric acid. The exact cause of the metabolic defect is unknown. This condition may develop in people with diabetes, obesity, sickle cell anemia, and kidney disease. Or it can follow drug therapy interfering with uric acid emission. Here you know about female masturbation.
Symptoms of Gouty Arthritis
In acute gouty arthritis, symptoms may develop suddenly and usually involve only one or a few joints. They can include:
- Pain that frequently starts during the night and is often described as throbbing, crushing, or excruciating
- The joint appears infected, with signs of warmth, redness, and tenderness
- Joint stiffness
- Fever may be present
- A skin lump which may drain chalky material
Diagnosis of Gouty Arthritis
Providing your doctor with complete historical information is very important. Gouty Arthritis can be differentiated from Lupus. And Rheumatoid Arthritis through such information. Gouty Arthritis can occur repeatedly in a particular location including the base of the first toe and then commonly in the knees and ankles. Gout usually attacks in one place at a time, whereas other arthritic conditions are more pervasive.
For an accurate diagnosis by a physician:
- A physical examination of the joints can show signs of acute arthritis: swelling, hotness and possibly disfigurement
- Joint aspiration evaluation of the synovial fluid will show uric acid crystals
- Blood tests can show whether uric acid may be elevated
- Joint X-rays may show uric acid crystal deposition. And can be used to monitor the disease
Medical Treatment for Gouty Arthritis
The goals of treatment are mainly to stop the pain and inflammation associated with the initial attack and to prevent future attacks. One of the most important treatments is staying well hydrated by consuming lots of water. Water helps prevent future acute attacks of gout and also helps prevent uric acid in the kidney from becoming kidney stones. Other treatment options can include:
- Weight loss
- Cessation of alcohol intake
- Medication such as Colchicine, which is effective in reducing pain, swelling, and inflammation with acute gout attacks. The medication works by decreasing the inflammation caused by uric acid crystals within the joint. However, it does not decrease the uric acid levels in the bloodstream. Daily use of Colchicine or Allopurinol helps prevent future attacks.
- Over the counter drugs such as Tylenol or Ibuprofen can manage pain.
Home Treatments for Gouty Arthritis
Usually, a normal amount of rest and sleep will help to reduce joint inflammation and fatigue. The painful joints may be wrapped in cotton, they should be elevated and supported on a pad or pillow. In addition,
- Hot fomentations should afford some relief.
- Massage and radiant energy may be employed.
- Plentiful liquids should be administered.
- Some believe that magnetic therapy helps with the pain of arthritis. Although not proven. The magnetic current is postulated to re-introduce electrical current to abnormally low energy in the cells and tissues of the body. Which some belief to be the cause of the dis-ease.
- Because all arthritis is a form of inflammation, ice packs can be extremely helpful in reducing the pain and swelling of inflammation.
The information, including opinions and recommendations. Contained in the Web site is for general educational purposes only. Such information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. No one should act upon any information on this Web site without first seeking medical advice from a qualified medical physician with whom they have a confidential doctor/patient relationship. Here you know about skinny guy workout.
- LOWER BACK PAIN EXERCISES
- LOWER BACK PAIN TREATMENT
- HOW TO CREATE AN EFFECTIVE BUSINESS INSIGHT REPORT
- WHAT IS THE BEST VACUUM CLEANER?
- BEST VACUUM FOR PET HAIR – A TOP 5 LIST
- HOW TO START EXERCISING IF YOU ARE OBESE
- HOW TO BUY A USED BOAT FROM A PRIVATE SELLER
- #HOW DO PORTABLE OXYGEN CONCENTRATORS
- BEST VACUUM CLEANER REVIEWS
- WHICH IS THE BEST MAGNIFICATION FOR BINOCULARS